And so it began. Definitely the most interesting games of Candyland I've ever played. Drew spun and moved the gingerbread men for himself and both of the monkeys, but clearly placed the monkey's cards in their own piles separate from his. As the game went on, Mommy had an unfortunate incident with the candy cane card and the little monkey luckily uncovered the ice cream cone. It became apparent that neither Drew nor Mommy was going to win this game. Similar events occurred in the second game as the monkeys went 2-0 and Drew & Mommy went 0-2.
Drew does seem to be a pretty good sport. When I got the gumdrop card to take a lead early in the game, Drew said "Good job Mama." Then, as both the little monkey and Curious George managed to "win" the games we played, Drew seemed as excited about his monkeys winning as he usually is to win himself, though he did request to play another game "So I can win."
After Candyland I needed to get dinner started so I had to say "Later" to Drew's request to play the Monkeys Jumping on the Bed game. His reply? "That's okay Mommy. I will just play with George and little monkey." A few minutes later I turned around to see him "helping" George spin the spinner and put monkeys on the bed.
Never thought I'd say I lost a game of Candyland to a stuffed monkey...
1 comment:
NOW DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS BOY NEEDS A SIBLING TO PLAY WITH? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE'S PLAYING WITH STUFFED MONKEYS!
Post a Comment