But getting back to this past weekend. Drew and Ryan entertained themselves quite nicely while I finished up the spaghetti & meatball dinner.
Here they are shooting hoops in Drew's room.
And now they've moved on to playing with the garage and the cars.
They, of course, spent time with Drew's big train set, which has now taken over our guest room floor because we couldn't handle the sprawl in the living room anymore. No pictures of that though because I was actually cooking at the time.
After a good dinner and special St. Patrick's Day cookies that Drew just couldn't resist at the commissary, the boys begged and pleaded with Daddy/Mr. Bill to play the Wii. Despite the fact that neither one of them is old enough to really get how to play Guitar Hero, that was their game of choice. These pictures are kind of dark because my real camera battery died and was charging and I was forced to use my cell phone.
Bill tries to explain to the boys what they should do.
Now it's Drew's turn to drum and Ryan's turn to rock the guitar.
After the Wii the boys also made some delightful ice cream and other snacks in Drew's kitchen, which Bill and I dutifully pretended to eat right up.
Miraculously I was able to get both boys in pajamas with clean faces and teeth by 8:30. Here they await their stories.
I heard some whispering back and forth for a while, but not nearly as long as their last sleepover. They must have tired themselves out better this time.
And finally...asleep. The flash on my newly charged camera makes it look like the lights are on in his room, but they're not.
The next morning I thought if I woke up at 6:45 I would have enough time to shower and check email before the boys woke up, and then I'd make them blueberry pancakes. But the boys had other ideas. Clearly they just didn't get enough playtime in the night before because not a minute after I heard my cell phone chirping I also heard little voices in the bedroom.
Before bed on Saturday night Drew realized that he and his friend had not played Drew's favorite new board game "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." He has been talking up this game to Ryan at the park since he received the game for Christmas, so it was no surprise that it was the first thing they requested on Sunday morning. Here Drew explains the rules to his friend.
Actually before the request for Monkeys Jumping, when Ryan and Drew came out of the bedroom, instead of asking where Daddy was (which is usually one of Drew's first questions in the morning), Drew asked "Where is Mr. Bill?"
Drew is counting down the days until he goes to "friend Ryan's" house. He's cute in that he rarely refers to Ryan just as Ryan. Because Bill's brother is Uncle Ryan and there was some initial confusion about who exactly our playdates at the park would be with, Drew feels the need to continually distinguish between the two.
1 comment:
Looks like they had a lot of fun! You are such a good hostess. Have a nice time on your date this weekend!
Post a Comment