This other picture is from after Drew's shower the other morning. While Drew is happy to wrap up in a towel sometimes, other days it really has to be a big blanket ("So I don't get cold Mommy."). So this time Daddy really wrapped Drew up, snug as a bug in a rug. I just thought it was silly and cute.
Monday, March 9, 2009
A few cute pics...
Last week we went to the welcome home ceremony for one of the battalions deployed from Ft. Huachuca. Our friend Donyel was one of the soldiers returning and we went to wait with his wife and daughter and welcome D back. Unfortunately these ceremonies usually involve A LOT of waiting around, and this one was no different. While we waited, Drew made several trips to the snacks table, got lots of practice in on waving his flag (1st pic), and spent a good 15 minutes sliding across the gym floor on his butt (2nd pic). He did his fair share of running around the floor too, but I don't think he found that quite as amusing as the sliding on his butt. In the end we were very glad to welcome Donyel back. Drew was so excited that Melia's daddy was home that he wanted to go over to their house that night. We had to explain to him that that would have to wait a few days. Although we won't inform Drew of it for several months still, I'm trying to plant the seeds of the idea of deployment in his head now by explaining when we can (e.g., Daddy 2 day trip to Fort Bliss, soldiers coming back from Iraq) that sometimes soldiers have to go other places to work. I did find a Sesame Street video about Elmo's Daddy going away for work for a long time that I hope will help him understand a little. He's a big Elmo fan.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment