Sunday, February 22, 2009

We knew this day was coming...

Well, nearly 4 years after Bill finished his first deployment in Iraq, we've been informed he and his company will be making a return visit at the end of this year. Although no deployment is ever welcome news, we know we've been extremely fortunate that Bill has had as much uninterrupted time with us as he has. So, we accept that it is what is is. Daddy is a soldier.


We also feel pretty good about the situation that we are in. I love Arizona and we have some good friends here. We love our house. We are close to my parents (or at least close in the sense of the Army). Drew loves his preschool and has some good little buddies here.


So there are definitely far worse scenarios for a deployment. We are trying not to worry about it too much yet. You can't really spend 10 months stressing about something that you have no control over. I'd be insane before Bill even left. I do, however, need some advice from those of you who have been through a deployment with preschool age kids. I know this will be very difficult for Drew as he is very much a Daddy's boy. Sarah, I see a phone call in our future?

2 comments:

The Cook Family said...

Jenn-we'll talk soon! I promise that you will be ok! Having a busy kid only makes the time go by faster!

The Thrailkill's said...

sorry to here that but it will be ok. If after he gets back and wnts to get out I can ook him up with a Job. HEHE