We were supposed to exchange child care nights with friends of ours this weekend so we could both have date nights for Valentine's Day, but unfortunately they had a virus going through their house this week and we had to postpone those plans. It ended up being a very nice family weekend instead.
Bill and I celebrated first by exchanging cards...we both went with funny ones this year. I actually found a great one that had a "Green Eggs & Ham" kind of verse to it. I was thrilled because it was only the second or third card I picked up and I typically spend far too much time in front of the greeting cards trying to make a decision while Bill picks up the perfect card on the first try every time! Anyway, we didn't want Drew to feel left out of the card and gift giving so we got him a few little things.
Drew checks out his goodies
Showing off his new Elmo Valentine bookThe beautiful Arizona weather treated us to another wonderful day in February so we decided to have a picnic lunch and go for a little hike at Saguaro National Park near Tucson.
Family shot after our lunch
Drew and Dad head out on a trail
Drew & Dad pose with a very large saguaro behind them. The trail we were on supposedly featured a saguaro with 30 arms, but the most we counted on any one cactus was 15-20. You'd think they'd have a sign pointing that out...
Beautiful view
Drew & Mommy pause for a rest on the rocks
Not a cloud in the sky...
Rather than brave the craziness of the restaurants on Valentine's Day with Drew, Bill made us a very yummy crab leg and steak dinner at home. Drew was out of sorts most of the day claiming to be feeling yucky and not showing much of an appetite at all. This morning he woke up with a fever and is currently napping next to me on the couch. I fear he may have picked up a virus of his own. Hopefully it's shortlived.
And Bill, saying yes 7 years ago was one of the best things I've ever done.
No comments:
Post a Comment