So Drew is loving this new round of swim lessons. Once we start driving down the street toward the pool, he starts talking in his very excited voice "Going pool Mommy?" "I go in warm pool Mommy." "I put bathing suit on." Then when we pull in the parking lot he claps and says "It's so exciting!" (except it sounds a little more like "it so citing!"
Things started a little rough in the first class when his teacher announced we would be starting in the big pool, not the warming pool. Drew did not take this news well, but settled down once we headed over to his beloved warming pool. There is only one other child in Drew's class, so there's a lot of one-on-one time and Drew is a big fan of his teacher (after forgiving her for the big pool incident).
He has already achieved a few new swimming milestones including blowing bubbles (finally), closing his mouth or blowing bubbles out when he goes under water (which he loves), and opening his eyes to look for things in the water (a new skill this week). He still is not a fan of floating and kicks and screams wildly any time I even attempt to get him on his back. He jumps very willingly into the water (he has no fear!) and usually says "Again!" as soon as he surfaces. He also recently realized, by accident, that if he stands on his tiptoes he can stand up in the warming pool. He discovered this by bounding down the stairs ahead of Mommy into the pool and realizing he was in over his head...or was he? He proudly exclaimed "I tall Mommy!"
One silly story from Thursday's lesson. The teachers typically do a lot of singing and games, so yesterday we were doing the hokey pokey. We had already put our left and right arms in and out, and we were trying to decide on the next body part. I suggested the nose and before the teacher and I even started singing, Drew stuck his face in the water.
Sorry no pics to accompany but lessons are before Daddy gets done work, so I can't be with Drew in the water and take pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment