So Drew went through a brief period of not being terribly interested in his tricycle. After watching Elmo ride his tricycle on Sesame Street, however, he started randomly saying throughout the day "I pedal my feet." This is funny both for the randomness of the comments as well as the fact that when he rides his bike he hasn't yet actually pedaled his feet. So before we went to daycare on Wednesday Drew pointed at his tricycle and said "Ride bike Mommy." I promised we would do it right after school...so we did. I was hopeful that having seen Elmo push the pedals Drew would pick up on how to actually "ride" his bike. No such luck. As you can see in the video, Drew prefers the Fred Flintstone method of travel.
When I told him to push the pedals down he used his hands to push them down. When I tried to explain to put his feet on the pedals and move his knees up and down he pushed up and down on his knees. It was fairly entertaining.
It doesn't seem to be affecting his enjoyment level on the bike, so I guess we'll just let him figure it out eventually. He especially enjoys coasting down the slight incline from our driveway into the road. As I post this Drew and Daddy are outside trying the pedaling again and I think Dad is having more success than I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ben never did get peddling a tricycle down. I don't know if it is difficult to peddle with their legs out front, but he just couldn't do it. However, he jumped right on a big bike with training wheels, and started to ride with no problem. Go figure!
Post a Comment