Sunday, April 27, 2008

More cute Drew stuff

Random cute things Drew has said or done recently...

**********************************************************************
The other morning I was dropping Drew off at daycare and when we pulled in he excitedly said "Andrew's here!" with the exact same inflection that his little friends use when he comes in the classroom. It was adorable.

**********************************************************************

Drew apparently doesn't like when I wear my hair in a headband and pony-tail because the other day he pointed at it and said "It not pretty Mommy."

**********************************************************************

Last weekend we had friends over for dinner and my friend Mishja is pregnant with a little girl. So when we asked Drew who was coming to dinner he said "D-Will, Mishja, Anjie (Anjolie)." Then we said what about baby. And he correctly said "Mishja have little girl." I was pretty impressed he remembered that, since we hadn't discussed it with him since explaining the pink balloons to him at the baby shower a couple weeks ago.

***********************************************************************

Apparently in addition to teaching Drew new vocabulary words like handsome and very smart, we also need to start teaching him a bit of modesty. He no longer waits for us to give him such compliments but points them out to us instead. When he gets a bath, gets dressed and has his hair brushed, we hear "I handsome Mommy." When he completes a puzzle by himself (something he is getting quite adept at), we hear "I very smart Daddy."

***********************************************************************

Drew's potty training continues to go well. He makes it through virtually every day at daycare in big boy underwear without accidents and only occasionally has accidents with us in the evening. And he does extremely well with us when we are out on the weekends, whether at the mall or dinner, he tells us pretty consistently when he needs to go (even though sometimes it's every 10 minutes). Every now and then, however, he is reluctant to go to the potty when we're pretty sure he probably has to. So a while ago we adopted the "George has to go potty" technique, telling Drew that his life-size Curious George constant companion has to go pee pee. It almost never fails. Lately some of the other stuffed animals have been getting in on the act. Drew is typically accompanied by at least 4 or 5 of his stuffed animals when I get him out of bed in the morning, so the other morning there was quite a line-up at the potty, as George, Little George, doggie, Elmo, little Elmo, and kitty all had to go pee pee before Drew. He also tried to get his Nemo blanket to go potty but I drew the line there. Drew has also recently mastered the art of standing up to go to the bathroom and he has been helping George stand up to go potty too. Whatever gets him fully potty-trained I guess...

***********************************************************************

Last but not least, two gems that I can't believe I forgot to include in the post about our Las Vegas trip.

1) My dad, Drew, and I went out to get the boys haircuts. While we were in the car on the way home I was blowing Drew kisses from the front seat. He started being a little bossy and said "blow kisses louder Mommy." I reminded him he needed to be polite and say please. So he paused for a minute and said please, so I promptly blew kisses louder. Then Drew proudly stated "I use my manners."

2) The day we went to the pool Drew had already successfully taken off his shoes in preparation for getting in the water, so I told him to take his t-shirt off too. Well, Drew hasn't quite mastered the art of removing his shirts, so he instead decided to pull down his swim trunks. Since he is pretty reliable about telling us when he needs to go to the bathroom he didn't have a swim diaper on underneath them. So there he stood bare bottomed. The ladies at the pool were quite amused by Drew mooning them.

Every day brings another reason to smile at him...

2 comments:

The Murray Family said...

Very cute! It's amazing what kids will pick up and repeat...a little scary sometimes too...haha!

The Cook Family said...

Sounds like Drew is so smart! The things he says remind me so much of Benny! Kids make me smile!