Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our little Picasso

It occurred to me after seeing Drew bring home a few paintings from daycare that perhaps I was projecting my disdain for artistic endeavors onto him. I tend to do this with other things also. I hate cauliflower...surely Drew must too (he actually loves it). I love basketball...obviously Drew will love basketball (if he knows what's good for him...he he). Anyhow, I thought I should give Drew a shot at something more artistic than just coloring (i.e., scribbling) on paper with crayons. So I bought him some watercolor paints and paint brushes. Well of course he loved it (as evidenced below by his reluctance to turn his attention away from the easel and toward the camera). He took turns with each of his 5 paint brushes and though he seemed to favor the blue paint, experimented with other colors too. If nothing else, it entertained him while I tried to clean up the kitchen and Daddy was running (he's currently training for a half-marathon). So here are a few pics of our little painter. He's still in his pajamas (he often hates to take his pajamas off unless he's putting "comfies"--a.k.a. sweats--on), and is wearing one of Bill's cut up ROTC t-shirts as his special "painting shirt".






By the way, I'm discovering blogging is a little harder than I thought. I'm not sure what people want to hear about...most of our days are fairly routine and a little boring. But I'm going to try to do better...at least to put up a few more pictures, even if there isn't much interesting to accompany them.

2 comments:

The Cook Family said...

I wouldn't worry about blogging anything that is boring. It's fun to see what everyone's kids are doing, and the grandparents always love new posts!

The Murray Family said...

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that you should blog...cute even if it's just a day to day thing. I mean it's not like we're those people that travel to foreign countries every month....oh wait...damn!