Sunday, November 15, 2009

Veteran's Day

On Veteran's Day morning we met some friends for McDonald's breakfast bright and early along the parade route. After some delicious hotcakes and yogurt parfaits, we parked ourselves along the street to watch the passing bands, cars, Soldiers, motorcycles, trucks, and even horses.

Here's Drew in the big chair by himself
Mom & Drew
The members of the B Troop Cavalry Regiment (Memorial) closed the parade so I snapped a quick picture of Drew. Though Bill is in the Signal World now, after all of our great memories in Germany, the Cav will always be #1 in our hearts.


Unfortunately Bill couldn't join us at the parade because he was out in the field for a training exercise. But Drew seemed to understand that the parade was to thank Soldiers like his Daddy. More than one sight during the parade brought tears to my eyes and I wish there were words to fully express how proud I am to be married to a Soldier in our great Army.

No comments: