This year I figured Drew was old enough to weigh in on the decision of what his Halloween costume would be. He sort of decided last year but this year I knew he would have strong opinions. I found a few pictures of costumes I thought he would like and showed them to Drew on my computer. His options: a train engineer, Mickey Mouse, and a dinosaur. He first selected a train engineer and then I discovered the store was out of them. He took that pretty well and said he would like to be Mickey then. So we ordered a kids size 4-6 Mickey costume and anxiously awaited its arrival. Now, I know our kid is pretty tall, but this costume was at least 4 inches too short for poor Drew. So that went back to the store. Then I happened to be shopping for myself and saw costumes in the Children's Place, including this absolutely adorable dinosaur costume. When I got back from Tucson that day Drew ran out to the garage and asked me "Did you buy me a costume?" Good thing I had! Poor kid hadn't had much Halloween luck so far. As I took it out of the bag in the trunk Drew's face lit up! He tried it on immediately and really wasn't very inclined to take it off, though we did manage to get him out of it before dinner that evening.
I assured him there would be plenty of opportunities to wear his costume and as the pictures below will show, this was very true.
Here's Dinosaur Drew before school on the 30th
Every dinosaur needs a backpack
The kids got to trick or treat by walking through the school to go to all the different classrooms and had a party in their class that day.
Then the night of the 30th, my moms' group had a Halloween party. Here's Drew at the photo area a couple of the moms set up.
Drew with some of his buddies--we got them to stop chasing each other long enough to semi-pose for a picture
Drew, patiently waiting for his friends to return with their candy, poses with Daddy
We borrowed this house's front yard for a photo op
Drew and his best friend Nemo head up to another door for some treats
After we reminded him at the first couple of houses that he needed to say "thank you" to the people who gave him treats, Drew ran back from every subsequent house screaming "Mommy I said thank you!" I eventually had to take a picture of this...
Drew sorting his loot
Drew is pretty happy with the results of his evening of trick or treating
A couple of weeks ago, a friend of ours was considering borrowing one of Drew's old Halloween costumes (the monkey), so I sent her a picture of Drew in it and I realized just how little he was when he wore it. So I thought that, because this blog has only been around for the last year and a half or so, in addition to this year's pictures I'd post pictures of Drew on Halloween through the years.




No comments:
Post a Comment