Monday, May 11, 2009

My little computer junkie

Over the weekend Drew seemed to be requesting to watch TV quite a lot. In anticipation of our travels later this month and in June, we just bought a new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD he is very enamored with. So Saturday afternoon, I asked Drew if, instead of the TV, he'd like to play some Mickey games on Mommy's computer. We've played Sesame Street games before http://www.sesamestreet.org/games and so I assumed Playhouse Disney would have similar games on their website. Thankfully, they did not disappoint (http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/mickeymouseclubhouse/games/games.html) and Drew got his Mickey fix without having to veg in front of the TV.

We had quite a time exploring the different games and characters and Drew is getting quite adept at moving the mouse and clicking when needed. Then we discovered the activities and Goofy's Silly Slide. Oh, was my child in heaven! You could build slides with different pieces (twists, turns, and upside down loops) and then watch the different characters go down the slides you built. After watching Drew's delight with the first few slides we built, I had to take a little video of him. He would shimmy and shake with each twist and turn and seemed like he could have played this game alone for hours.


We eventually moved on to Sesame Street and Drew's favorite (Big Bird's counting game), which again, he could have played for hours. Now I've got to worry about my 3 year old hogging my computer? What have I done?

1 comment:

The Murray Family said...

All I hear about from Ian is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We try to DVR it for him, but he CONSTANTLY wants to watch it. I guess there are worse shows. Good call on finding internet stuff. I'll have to remember that.