It's been quite some time since an edition of "Cute Drew Stuff," so without further ado, I present a few gems from recent months.
Drew and Mommy are working on Drew's 10 foot ABC train puzzle. Really Drew was doing most of the work. I was simply placing the upcoming letter pieces in his line of sight so they might be identified a little more quickly. After the first 5 letters or so Drew began to sing the alphabet each time to know what letter he had to look for next. He repeated this many times, singing the ABCs up to the letter puzzle piece he had just attached to the previous piece. When he got to around S or so he asked me to do the next letter. I said, "Drew I think you should do the next letter. I know you know it." He repeated his request for "Mommy to do it" and I again said "I think Drew should do it." Drew looked at me and sweetly said "It's not that hard Mommy. You can do it."
After laying down for a weekend nap but not falling asleep for quite a while, Bill went in to check on Drew (see if he needed to be covered up or just needed one more kiss, etc.). Drew reported that he could hear the neighbors' doggies barking outside and told his daddy that "If the doggies are not taking a nap I cannot take a nap."
Shortly after St. Patrick's Day was over, Drew and I took down the shamrocks and other green decorations to make room for the spring/Easter decorations. I realized I didn't have any window decorations so Drew and I went to Walgreens to pick out some Easter-themed window clings. On the way home Drew held onto the bag of our new goodies and told Mommy all the things he saw on the new "stickers." Eggs, flowers, chicks, and bunnies. Then he asked, "Mommy, where do the bunnies live?" I told him most bunnies lived in the woods. He replied "No Mommy, I mean what state do the bunnies live in?" I guess that U.S. map puzzle he has is sinking in?
Last week during dinner time, after Drew had finished finding every last kernel of corn on his corn on the cob, he asked Daddy if he could put some more corn on the cob for him to eat.
We've had some very crazy wind here over the last couple of months and Drew is always very concerned about things blowing away. One day on our way to the mailbox Drew exclaimed "Mommy your hair is blowing! You need to do something with your hair so it doesn't blow away." I questioned him about just what he thought Mommy should do, get a haircut like Drew? He said "Yes Mommy, you need to cut your hair so it doesn't blow away." I don't think I'll be taking Drew's style advice, but I have started carrying a hair tie so my hair doesn't blow away.
I know there's others, but that's all I can remember for now.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment