Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wedding Day

On November 1st, Bill and I were very happy to attend the wedding and reception of one of Bill's oldest friends Joe and his new wife, Nadia. They were actually married in the same church in Wilkes-Barre in which Drew was baptized.

I decided to bring Drew to the church for the wedding since Bill's friends would otherwise not have an opportunity to see him. Here Drew and Grandma wait for Daddy to walk down the aisle. Fortunately he didn't feel the need to shout out "Daddy!" or anything like that. He was fairly well behaved, though his entertainment during the homily was pulling all my hair in front of my face. Really should have had a photo of that.

Unfortunately the majority of pictures I took in the church turned out very dark or with an odd yellow-orange hue. Here's a not-very-high-quality photo of the newly married couple.


Family shot outside the church

Drew, Grandma, and Uncle Mark outside the church. Since Bill and Joe have known each other for so long, their families obviously have too, so Grandma and Grandpop, and Eric and Liz were invited to the wedding as well.


Unfortunately Eric missed being able to attend the wedding by about a month. As I mentioned in the previous post, he is in the last month of his tour in Afghanistan. Since Bill was occupied with wedding party stuff for the whole day, Liz and I spent the day together. There was a few hours between the wedding and reception, so we headed back to Bill and Mary's house. I changed my dress and Jalene, Elizabeth, Liz and I spent most of that time having girl bonding time over hair and makeup. Here's the end result of our primping.

Jenn & Liz at reception

Jenn & Bill at reception


We took advantage of Bill's sisters' babysitting and stayed at a hotel near the reception hall, even heading out to a bar with other wedding goers after the reception. We stayed out way past our normal Saturday night bedtime, but had a great time (we're not so old after all)! It's always nice to have a date night out.
Our best wishes to Joe & Nadia and our thanks for a great party.

No comments: