Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daddy & Drew go to the Fair

The weekend before we left for Pennsylvania, Daddy & Drew time took Bill and Drew to Phoenix to check out the Arizona State Fair while Mommy finished up work and packing. Yes, I know, a state fair in late October? Most states are not warm enough for a fair at that time of year...just another advantage of the balmy fall weather in Arizona.


Arriving around lunch time, it didn't take long for Drew to find something yummy to eat.


Then he thought it was the animals' turn for some food. Here he is feeding a deer and a goat.




Then they headed for the rides, including a Skyride that traveled atop the sights and sounds of the fair. Here Drew checks out the view. When they got back home and were recapping the events of the day for me Drew got to the part about the skyride and said very proudly "I not was scared Mama."


Drew also enjoyed a few of the more traditional fair rides, but apparently couldn't be bothered to smile or even look at Bill's camera.


Finally, Drew had his first horseback riding experience. He thought this was very cool and again reported that "I not was scared."




The boys were even kind enough to bring me back a souvenir of their fair day...homemade fudge! There's a ton more posts coming as I have time.

No comments: