Saturday night I met some friends for dinner, while Drew hung out at our friends' house. While I was gone Drew and Miss Kimmi made a special surprise birthday cake for me. Kim even consulted Bill before he left to find out what my favorite was. His answer (the right one of course) was: chocolate, chocolate, and then a little more chocolate. Anyway, Drew was so excited about the cake that he forgot it was a surprise and told me almost as soon as I walked in after dinner.
Here he is presenting Mommy with it. So darn cute.
Me blowing out the candles. A minor miracle I didn't light my hair on fire!
Here's Drew all ready for his sleepover with his buddy Danny. Steve is such a good friend to watch both of the boys so we ladies could go out.
Here's all the ladies that were able to make it out with us Saturday night.
Me with a couple friends at our favorite dive bar

The club we went to later was kind enough to make me famous for the night.
The club we went to later was kind enough to make me famous for the night.
Sunday we went for breakfast with Steve, Kimmi, & Danny and then vegged in front of football all day at our house while the boys had the longest playdate ever. They had every toy in the house on the living room floor, but they played so well together that we didn't even care. Shortly after I put Drew to bed that night I finally got a phone call from Bill (cell reception at Bliss is not good) complete with directions to locate where my birthday presents were hidden in the garage. Sneaky boy.
It was a great birthday weekend, and while I don't really let a little thing like a number bother me, I will be happy when my husband joins me in the 30s next month.
2 comments:
Awesome!! Glad you had a fun birthday...wish I could have been there!!
Happy Birthday! Glad you were able to celebrate!
Post a Comment