Yesterday afternoon Drew and I took a walk/bike ride for a few blocks around our little neighborhood. It's hard to believe Drew ever struggled riding his tricycle when I watch him zoom down the sidewalks now. At times he was able to pedal fast enough that I was able to walk a little faster than just leisurely.
After about 30 minutes it was nearing time to start preparing dinner, so I told Drew it was time to head home. He was not pleased to hear this and tried to start pedaling in the opposite direction. I repeated (trying to stay calm) that it was time to go home and we could ride bikes again tomorrow. Drew said "No Mommy. It's not time to go home." Then, pointing away from himself, he said "I wanna ride my bike all way to Tucson!" I burst out laughing while he looked very confused, and then I explained that Tucson was maybe just a little too far to ride bikes. And he said with all seriousness, "Maybe when I get bigger I will ride my bike all way to Tucson." God I love that kid...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hilarious! It's like our conversation the other day about kids not having a concept of time...well, a concept of distance is tricky too I guess. Ha!
Post a Comment