Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh the things he says...

Here's a collection of a few gems that have come out of Drew's mouth in the last few weeks.

Modest? Not so much...
I have a heart shaped picture frame on my key ring that has a a picture of Drew in it on each side. Drew picked it up from my desk one day, looked at it and said "Look at that cute Andrew." Then, if that's not precious enough, he turned it over and "Look another cute Andrew."

Classic Departing Lines...
As Daddy and Drew were exiting the grocery store one night the hospitality person told Bill to have a good night and said "Bye Bye Honey" to Drew. Drew responded to this older woman with his very own "Bye Bye Honey."

The day Drew and I went to Tucson to see the pediatric orthopedist we had lunch at the Olive Garden after his appointment. As we were leaving, Drew told the woman who was hosting, without provocation, "Have a good day!"

Leaving swim lessons one sunny Saturday morning Drew looked up at the blue sky and said "It's a nice day today Mommy." A little bit startled at his newfound ability to make chit chat, I said "You're right Drew it is a nice day."

Expressions of Love...
Drew and Daddy were having a bit of a tickling war one day when Drew suddenly became defiant and scolded Daddy "No tickle Dada. Just love me."

We called Great-Grandma Albosta on her 87th birthday to wish her a Happy Birthday. Drew tried singing a little bit and we told him to ask Great Gram how old she was. At first he thought 87 was 7 "Great Namma's 7?". Then he reverted back to his traditional age for everyone but Daddy "Great Namma's 40." Despite the confusion, I think she was very happy to hear his little voice say "Happy Birthday Great Namma."

Asserting Himself...
Daddy & Drew went to the Tucson Children's Museum last weekend, which Drew love love loved! Unfortunately Daddy forgot the camera in the car and we still have't figure out how to get pictures of our cell phones, so we have no pictures to document his excitement, but we'll be back. Anyway, that's all background for the fact that before they went to the museum they went to one of the malls for lunch at the food court. Bill asked Drew what he wanted for lunch and Drew said "I want Chinese food." Bill said "You don't want pizza?" "No pizza Daddy. I want Chinese food." Beef & broccoli you want, beef & broccoli you get.


A little fear...
Wasn't I just saying that Drew didn't seem to be afraid of thunder and lightning, even frequently stating "Lightning's not so scary." Recently Drew has become a bit obsessed with their being any space in between his window and the curtain next to his bed, so much so that we had to thumbtack his curtain to the wall. His fear? "Window closed. Lightning not going to get me." He sometimes even sleeps sitting up in the corner of his bed with his face behind Curious George so he doesn't have to look at the window. Poor baby.

I know I mentioned posting pictures of Drew's new round of swim lessons, and I have a few long-distance ones, but this weekend is Parent Observation Day where I should be able to get some up close & personal shots, so look for that soon.

No comments: